lunes, 7 de diciembre de 2009

Alejandra Guzman is ready for fun after fatal experience


Rock Star Alejandra Guzman is doing much better after the butt injections that almost cost the Mexican queen of rock her life, thank you very much.

She just doesn’t want to talk about it anymore. The 41-year-old is ready to move onto a different topic altogether, namely her new album, Unico, the 14th in a career that spans two decades. So I agreed not to mention her booty (or the recent death of Argentine model Solange Magnano from a similar surgery) during our interview and focus on the music, after all it’s what keeps her going. And frankly, someone who’s gotten a second shot at life has a right to dictate her own rules. Here’s what she had to say:

How are you?


I’m well. Playing a few shows in Mexico. I was happy to start working because that helps.

You’ve had such a long career, what are you most proud of?


Of being able to sing what I want and to survive in this industry while getting better with each album.

Do you still have the same energy that you had 20 years ago?


I think so. That’s what keeps you alive. I give everything I have on stage. When I record an album, I want to be able to transmit all of the emotions that I have. It’s worthwhile to get those ideas across and make it a reality because every day for me is a gift now so I like doing things for myself and for the fans, as well. And in these last 20 years I’ve learned to take care of the details of my show, my songs, the wardrobe—of everything you need to make an album.

What inspired this last album?


I recorded it in England with [producer] Graeme Pleeth and it has a British sound and an exquisite dynamic, I’d say. Each song has a reason for being. With Jose Luis Pagan I did “Ella,” which I wrote for [my daughter] Frida. I picked songs that got to my heart. When I see a finished album, I feel something and transmit that to my public because each song is a story.

Did you enjoy England?

It was great being there and to meet Graeme, a true genius. It’s great to be in a place where no one knows me. I love being anonymous. It allows me be a normal person, something that I can’t do in Mexico. It’s a great way of focusing on the music.

Do you have a favorite song on the album?


My favorite is “Porque no estas aquí.” I wrote it with Jose Luis Pagan. I was thinking of a dramatic story. I love singing it and playing that character in the song. She ends up crazy because she doesn’t see him again and begins to hallucinate that he is there. I really like writing. It’s cathartic to be able to write what you’re seeing.

What’s next for you?


Now that I’ve listened to the whole album and that I’m out of the hospital and getting better, I just want to have fun. I want to sing, and this is a great album. Next year, I’ll start promoting it. I can’t wait.

Do you have a list of things you’ve always wanted to do that you hadn’t tried before?


For me the best thing is going to the beach. I have a beach house and I go fishing, snorkeling. That’s what I like. I also enjoy live shows; otherwise I wouldn’t have done it for the last 20 years. I’ve had to adapt to the times and how music is sold and the current trends. As an artist, I’ve changed and reinvented myself multiple times.

What’s the trick?


When I need to change I do it from the inside. Basically, if you want to accomplish, you can do it. The trick is doing it with good energy.

I read somewhere that you’d like to be in a reality show, is that true?


It would be interesting because it’s fascinating what happens every day in my life. I don’t need to do it though. What I do works for me, which is making music.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario